Saturday, May 30, 2015

An ode to Friday's

This week has been absolutely, positively, no good, very bad, rough, exhausting, and all of the other aboves that you can even imagine.



I so enjoy having a Monday thru Friday daytime job (much better than hospital night shift work) but it really, REALLY makes me savor the Fridays that much more.



And once Friday has been fully worked, I am thoroughly happy.




We have been without our administrative assistant this week and the WHOLE office has felt it.
It was only a 4 day week because of Memorial Day Monday holiday and I was the only nurse actively seeing patients through Thursday evening.




And so many days this week, I've been off a whole day since not working Monday...




And anything that could go wrong - Did.




I KNOW you can relate to this kind of week.


My night of on-call was THE busiest night of call that I have ever experienced.
My phone rang pretty much constantly.
Thank the Lord that Roger was home and able to tend to a sick child while I was taking calls and leaving to go assist people (I seriously don't mind doing this because in my line of work, families are at a very vulnerable time and I'm just glad I can be there to walk them through the rough parts).
Needless to say, I got a whopping 2 hours of sleep that night.
Then had to work all day the next day as well.



Thursday night, I went to bed at 7:45 PM and did not even move once until 4:30 AM. (and once my alarm did go off, I was tempted to just keep on snoozing)



(poor sick little girl from not sleeping the night before either...)

Thank goodness I didn't have any pressing matters to handle on Thursday Day because seriously...




I'm getting old and lack of sleep is so much harder to bounce back from.




But, Friday.
FRIDAY!!!!!!



I am never so happy to see Fridays as I am to see them now.




And currently, our weekends are actual weekends.




Both of us are able to be off together and Its so, so nice.




But all too soon, the weekend is over.
Time moves faster now and will not slow down for anything.
and Monday is always there, just waiting around the corner...


Then it all starts again.




Until next time, my sweet, sweet Friday :)




I'd like to thank Pinterest for the awesome inspiration for this post.
Bye Felicia.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha Misty, your post cracked me up. I know it has to be rough, especially with no sleep. I can t function without mine either. Especially having to care for someone. I hope Haile feels better soon. And may you havea wonderful, relaxing weekend dear!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Misty, your post cracked me up. I know it has to be rough, especially with no sleep. I can t function without mine either. Especially having to care for someone. I hope Haile feels better soon. And may you havea wonderful, relaxing weekend dear!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...