Friday, March 27, 2015

death.

Let me first let you in on how exhaustingly tough this week has been and how HAPPY I am to see Friday come and go without incidence...

[because this week has been the roughest in about a MONTH!!]

Okay, now, for the serious part of today's endeavors...

Hospice is still so very, very new to me.

After only working with families and patients in the hospice setting since December of 2014  - like 3 months - I have seen SO MANY multiple family dynamics and situations.

I'm going to tell you now that every single family I come in contact with and every single patient I've met is absolutely and extremely precious to me.

In all Seriousness.

Death is no joke.

Even all of the sentinel events leading up to a death (should there be any) are absolutely precious.

There is one family in particular to me that I'm gravitating to and it's only because I've been an integral part in the patient's declining process...

It's amazing how intimately close you grow to a family and how closely you follow their needs and cues. I am so blessed to be a part of the process of crossing from one life into another...
all I can say is..

GOOSEBUMPS!!!
and y'all - I get them SO , So often now!!!

Yes, it's hard to see a patient rapidly decline.
It makes me question things as a nurse, but I have so many other resources available at all times.
I'm blessed.

It's completely and utterly amazing.

Love is so abundant and present in certain families situation that I can only hope for more in the future that are this sweet.

Yet - every death is different.

You just don't know.
There is no time line to pursue.
There is no specific chain of events to occur...
There are no magic words to make everything better.
I can pray all the amazing things that I can pray and still -
Still - God's plans are more absolute and perfect than any I could have ever imagined.

For this particular family,
They will ALWAYS hold a very, very special place in my heart.
And this whole post may be boring to some, but
to others,

They know.

And there is a point where I've had to ask God to step in and Guide everything I say and do.
And He will.
Completely.
It's amazing just how perfect his Timing is.
Never doubt that.





2 comments:

  1. I am so in awe of what you do and feel so happy knowing there is someone like you who cares so much to do it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet Momma Devon!!
      There are definitely times when I struggle with being a hospice nurse but only because of the way you can get so tangled up & involved in another family. Because you are there at a most vulnerable time when they need you. All the time. I think all my patient families have my cell phone number but I'm still glad & try to be available as much as possible.
      Thank you, friend for such kind words!!

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...