Friday, January 24, 2014

coffee date friday.


Okay, BECAUSE I love it so much when I see Lindsay doing these little coffee date updates,
and BECAUSE it's such a great way to meet other bloggers who also love to write,
and BECAUSE Rags to Stitches puts these lovely coffee dates on every Friday...

I thought I'd join in the fun this Friday since a) I'm not working thursday night and since b) I'm actually writing this the night before so I have time to do this instead of pack- oh, and did I mention dinner is already made - yep: rotisserie chicken from Bi-Lo, and I'll throw a few sides in there ;)

Oh Gosh, who doesn't love a good coffee date?
Well, Y'all.
It's been a while for me.
Can we say a year and a half since my last actual coffee date?? I think??

This Morning...
We'd splurge.
I'd take you on down to the Loveland Coffee Kiosk in Irmo, SC for some pretty amazing java.


Oh, and did I mention, it's ran by some friends of ours from high school?
Beach and Jessica Loveland.
Who knows.. maybe Beach would be working this morning, and how appropriate is coffee since it got down to 20*F last night what with all the arctic air blasts...
[thanks for that North Pole!!]
I'm sure there would be some cold weather chat in there, oh and asking about Jessica who is pregnant with their 3rd child!

On the way there, I'd ask you about your sweet life, the comings and the goings, the ups and the downs, and all the things in between.





I would order my go-to favorite: the Ole Espanol: a hazelnut and chocolate latte seasoned with Cinnamon and Nutmeg. I'd tell you how my hubs' favorite drink is the Mayan Mocha: a latte with chocolate and cinnamon with a touch of Ancho Chile [because he likes it hot!!!!] and how jealous he must be right now because WE are drinking Loveland Coffee and he is not ;)

Just to be nice, I'd probably go ahead and pick up a bag of their roasted Monsooned Malabar beans to take home for him.

We'd go somewhere warm.
Back to the house most definitely.
You'd see it's full of boxes.
I'd apologize for the absolute mess because...
We are in the process of packing and moving!!!

I'd tell you how we have all the paperwork FINALLY finished and submitted!
Oh, its definitely been an experience! and hopefully one we won't have to relive for a very, very, very long time ;)
and How we are on schedule to move in somewhere around Feb 11th [a tuesday] and it's actually the house of our youth pastor and his wife [and their 4 children] who have found another house and we're all basically being blessed by the whole situation!!
Then, I'd probably show you a pic from my cell phone:


Yeah, we're slightly excited!!
It's actually, really happening!!

I'd tell you how I'm already trying to get ideas for our new living space. Because right now, as you see, NOTHING we have matches. It's pretty much thrift store chic ;) for real y'all.
I ordered a cute "V" to go over the front door last night from an etsy shop: The Shabby Shack, who has some pretty neat hand made things... I also may make a trip to the World Market tomorrow because their huge canvas paintings are 20-50% off... you know, planning is half the fun. BUT I NEED IDEAS!!!
and that's where pinterest comes in.... oh, dreams...

You'd probably already know I'm a full time RN at a local hospital on the Orthopaedics floor {yes, that's how it's really spelled} and I work the night shift.
I'd tell you about work and how I was supposed to work a half shift [picking up some over time] 6 hours instead of 12 hours the other night. But when I got there at 1 AM, they asked, "what are you doing here??" and apparently, SOMEONE should have called me and told me that the woman and I that split the shift were put on "Stand-by" for just in case they needed us to come in - again, low census...
I stayed and let another girl go home that wanted to leave and just took over her 4 patients. Oh My Goodness how easy it was!! She got them all medicated and settled down. By the time I got there at 1 AM, everyone was sleeping. Then, I was only there for 6 hours - not 12, which makes SUCH the difference.

I'd remind you it's cold/flu/stomach virus season and to WASH YOUR HANDS incessantly because I'm a nurse and that's what we do ;) I'd tell you how we've already all battled the stomach virus and now, the 4 year old has a stuffy nose.. Good old daycare!! At least I can say I'm building up my immune system in the hospital!

By the time we finished discussing life and all the unexpected moments of it, we'd be down to the bottom of our coffee cups.
We'd make plans to do it again when our schedules permit [I'd probably pull out the good old Erin Condren Life planner and tell you again just how much I LOVE MINE!!!]


With the date of "another Friday morning" shceduled, I'd wish you the best and send you off with one of Hailee's favorite songs for now...
HAIM // the wire




Have a great weekend!!
I'm working some of it ;)


8 comments:

  1. I loved this coffee date with you! I'd tell you that I can't wait to see your new house come together-so exciting but also? So overwhelming! I'd tell you that the cold and flu season is for the birds and that I, too, am SO ready for temps out of the teens. We don't live in the South for nothin'. :) Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! And my bro and sis-in-law live on Spring Frost and really love that community, so I'm glad that this blessing presented itself to y'all in such a great area. :) And with a baby on the way, I don't often get coffee, so this was a nice treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! Oh the things we give up for pregnancy huh :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin!! one more week to go...

      Delete
  4. How fun! I think we need to have you over to the LOVELAND house to have some awesome lattes and good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be such a special treat, indeed!!

      Delete
  5. So excited to have my very first coffee date, and how much fun it was to catch up. I'm so excited for you all, for the new house and it looks beautiful and you will decorate it perfectly in time. But the hard part is over, all the paperwork, and stress of the hoops they put you through. Always enjoy your blogs, and enjoyed Haile e's song too!

    ReplyDelete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...