Monday, January 20, 2014

a week later.

I was supposed to work last night, but instead..
I got a full 10 hours of sleep.
That's what happens when your census is low and you get put on stand-by ;)
I was already over at mom and dad's dropping Hailee off to spend the night because Roger was on-call with his job too and had to be ready to go at a moment's notices to fix plumbing emergencies [or leaking sinks/toilets].
So I just stayed there and had a sleepover - all the while, waiting on my phone to ring and a charge nurse on the other end asking me to put my scrubs back on and head on in to work because of admissions.
But it never happened.

it's been a while since the last post and we all went through a few days of some sort of stomach virus.
belch.



so yes, it was a week of saltines and gatorade.

The home inspection was last week and Hailee came with us since she got sick the night before and couldn't go to school.
It was her first time seeing the new house and she got so excited.


staring out the new front door...


I'm still going through the whole... pinch me, is this really happening??!!!
We are going to own a house.
This was not the original plan, but hey, God's plans often work out better than the ones we make for ourselves, right??
I've been pinning things like crazy because I don't know how to decorate a house. Hopefully, pinterest will help ;)

So, we've been packing.
In our tiny house now, there is literally NO space to pack and stack boxes.
So, mobile attic it was ;)
Now there is a storage unit [or Blog, as Hailee calls it] in the yard ready to be packed to the brim and moved out around the week of Feb 10th!!!!!
Where to?
a little over a mile down the road into a neighborhood ;)


and we need more boxes.

We've had some cold, cold starts here lately...


But sadly, no snow...

We've painted a ceramic tea set...







this girl loves to paint.

and I don't know about you, but THIS rings true every time I ask her to do anything... not just leave the house...

 photo 43efbc1e-8277-4909-a424-061184897c50_zps9177ff41.png


why is this??

So, I have tried reading a few new books.
But with all the packing and stuff, free time is hard to come by...
So I do it when I have a chance.



still working on figuring out my new camera, and a book // memoir of a girl whose father was involved in a terrible car accident and suffered a closed head injury // traumatic brain injury when she was a teenager.
Both great so far!!

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson was recommended by Devon, over at the tale of a mermaid who has some pretty amazing pictures on her blog that I LOVE to go drool over.
He Never Liked Cake by Janna Leyde was recommended by Breanna over at sweet silver lining.
Here is Breanna's review of the book.




Up close..


and here's an oldie of me singing a U2 song - One.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying He Never Liked Cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely enjoying it! wish I had more time to read it - got some good time in yesterday ;) gonna have to check out more of your books you read - I miss reading good books!!

      Delete
  2. You have a great voice!! Amazing.
    Congrats on the new house! Moving is a nightmare, but it's all worth it in the end. Seems like you're off to a great start in 2014! Apart from being sick that is. Get as much sleep in as you can! 10 hours are heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Miriam! I wish I had more time to play and sing. Sadly, with work and working weekends, I walk by my guitar and longingly think of picking it up every once in a while. Sometimes, its great therapy though ;) I'm actually picking up a half shift for some OT tonight going in at 1 am [shoot me now!] but yes, moving is WAY worth it in the end...
      On your whole marriage post... I can relate in SO many ways: hubs sleeps with TV on, I need dark/quiet therefore, we don't really sleep in the same room as much either.. we need to work on that one though! As always, LOVED your post!!

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...