Sunday, October 27, 2013

quick salsa

My husband did a plumbing job for some friends of ours and came home with this awesome jewel of a recipe for salsa.
Normally, I cannot tolerate hot, spicy things, but I have to say this is pretty much amazing...
and easy!
This is the second time I've made it.
Maybe I'll get some of it this time ;)




14 oz can diced tomatoes
10 oz can rotel tomatoes
1/2 small onion - roughly chopped
jalapeno to taste (1/2 - 1 fresh or 1/4 cup from jar)
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
small to medium handful fresh cilantro
juice of 1 lime
*food processor till desired consistency*


And my personal preference: a dollop of daisy sour cream.
You know, because I can't handle all that spiciness. 





 It's good stuff.
I wouldn't steer you wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...