Monday, September 16, 2013

little love letters.




Today: write a public love letter

Dear Fall:
I'm not gonna lie, I'm super stoked you're almost here!
I love the fall smells, colors, temperatures, memories...
Everything about you just - gets me.
I love your crisp, cool days with my windows flung wide open.
I love the ruddy colors of the leaves changing on the trees.
I love thinking back through all my October 3rd birthdays passed...
Fall. My favorite season of all.




Dear Netflix:
You are one of the best things since sliced bread when it comes to instant gratification.
Full seasons of popular TV shows minus all the commercial interruptions.
We've gladly lived off you alone for the last 2 years. Sorry we finally caved and got cable.
You are still near and dear to our hearts - really - but just one thing -
It's probably about time to update your shows.


Dear Grooveshark: 
Thank you so much for letting me hear all my favorite bands and create my own playlists of all the songs I love.
If only I could take you with me in my car.
Oh how I do love singing along at the top of my lungs.
Some tunes that I'm loving right now...
** small tip: turn your volume down before playing these songs- they about blew me away ;) **

Yes, Please by Misty Venne on Grooveshark


Dear Wildberry Lodge Bed and Breakfast:
Oh how we LONG to come back to those Great Smoky Mountains just outside of Asheville, NC for another long weekend in the Wineberry Cottage.

I promise we will be saving up our money to make another trip back before the end of the year.


Your hospitality and rustic log cabin with hiking trails up the side of the mountain just took our breath away.



until we meet again, xoxo

Dear Ylvis:
Thank you for making me laugh and getting this song stuck in my head.
all. the. time.
Really: what does the fox say??




Dear My new 8 West ortho/trauma family:
I'm so blessed to have been able to start out this great nursing journey with y'all. We've already started making great memories and friendships. I'm learning so much and there is always someone there willing to lend a helping hand. Thank you for that!!

Dear O-C Tech c/o 2013:
I miss you all and wonder how you're doing each and every day. Each of you has made a lasting imprint on my heart. You don't go through something as hard as nursing school and come out the same as you were before. Y'all will forever hold a special place in my heart. I think of you often and will try to catch up with you as much as I can. I can only hope that you're all enjoying your new lives as RN's as much as I am.

And Lastly.

Dear Family
R: You are my husband, friend, helper, partner. I love you and cannot wait to make more memories on this road of life we're on.
H: You change and grow more and more every day. I'm so proud of the sweet girl you're becoming. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be your momma every day. You are the most precious gift I've ever received. I will never miss a chance to kiss your cheeks and hold you close.
Mom/Dad: You have been my biggest supporters. Ever. Thank you for filling my life with love, happiness, and grace. I did nothing to deserve parents as amazing as you two. I couldn't have asked for 2 better role models to shape and mold my young, impressionable mind. Roger and I have pretty big shoes to fill as parents, but luckily, we've had some pretty great examples to follow.
In-Laws: Your hearts are big and your arms are always open. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives - more so than you may ever know. Thank you for opening your lives up to us and your constant encouragement. We love you!



6 comments:

  1. That bed and breakfast looks like a lovely place! I want to visit Asheville sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was just beautiful!! We want to go in the Fall when the leaves are all changing colors.

      Delete
  2. I love Grooveshark too, and Fall is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, I saw your comment about turning the sound down AFTER I hit play. oops. :)
    Horray for Fall coming!

    ReplyDelete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...