Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 2 of Blogtember



Day 2
if i could take 3 months off from my current life and could do anything/anywhere in the whole world...

So, first, I'm going to say that there's no way I'll be able to commit to this every day in september, but - this is definitely a good one.

What would I do?
I'd serve people.

Each year, people from our church, and other churches go on a 2 week medical mission trip to the Samoan Islands.
Here is the website to the company.

above via samoa medical missions


Where free medical care is offered to the local people.

above via samoa medical missions

and they definitely come.

Along with medical care, pharmacy, physical therapy, chiropractors, eye doctors...
they spread the word of God.
They worship and they serve.
The way we're all supposed to as Christians.

I've been able to contribute in the way of filling brown paper bags with supplies bought and donated for them to take to Samoa and give to people. Normal medical supplies that we take for granted every day.
Band aids, neosporin, tylenol, ibuprofen, hydrocortisone cream, bandages, children's medications... are just a few to name.

above via samoa medical missions

They give of themselves.
Giving their time, their talents, their training.
To people they've never met.
To people who are open to receiving.

I've never done anything like this before.
I've always wanted to, but have not had the chance to.
See, I'm a brand new nurse - just graduated and started working as a nurse this summer.
I think it would be such an amazing experience to learn how to help people outside of a hospital.
To be a part of something bigger, where we are sharing Jesus along with medical care.
I also play and sing worship so it would be exciting to be a part of that too.

I'll do this one day.
And I'd love to do this alongside my family.
But until then, I'll continue to learn more about what it is to be a nurse, and serve people in the ways that I know how.

2 comments:

  1. That's just about the most wonderful wish for three months I've come across today, except MINE;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, yours was pretty breathtaking...

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...