Tuesday, May 14, 2013

waiting for that one special email.

so...
I'M DONE WITH NURSING SCHOOL!

all graduated and everything!!

The only thing that stands between me and Misty Venne, RN is NCLEX.
The only thing that stands between me and actually taking the NCLEX is an email that tells me, Ready, Set, GO!! schedule the exam!!!
SO, every time I GET an email, I panic a little bit, hoping {and secretly sweating} that its The One.


I've heard this will be the hardest test I'll ever have to take in my life.
I've heard this test will be easy.
I've heard past graduates say that once they finished the test, they sat in their cars and cried because they were SURE they failed.


So, who to believe??
One thing I'm sure of... I'll need to make sure I have all my bases covered.


and believe me when I tell you - there is a lot of stuff to cover.
and after I've been looking at it so much - it all starts to run together.
Who knew Nausea/Vomiting/Headache were signs and symptoms of SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS??!!


And I've been told that if you get a lot of easy questions, that is bad.
The degree of difficulty goes up as you answer more right questions.

The least amount of questions I will have to answer is 75.
The most amount of questions I CAN answer is 265.
but, NO ONE wants to answer all 265. That cannot mean good things.



And this rings true about almost every. single. question on the test:


They like to be tricky.

And SELECT ALL THAT APPLY?? really?
select ALL that apply??
Could there BE any other type of question that makes you second guess yourself as much?
I think not.
THIS is how those questions {which will comprise of at least 20% of the test} make me feel.


And once you answer a question and move on to the next, that's it!
NO going back.



So, I will continue to study.


in between these truer than life moments.

And no, my house is NOT spotless at the moment because truthfully,
ain't NOBODY got time for that.
Not to mention how anxious I get when I'm cleaning/doing laundry/picking up after my 4 year old when I KNOW I need to be focusing on NCLEX.


I have to try my hardest to sneak away and study.

This book is all highlighted up, but I've been answering so many practice questions on the computer, I haven't had a chance to go back over it.



Again, SO MUCH to remember.

Because REALLY, it's all riding on this.


and when I can breathe a sigh of relief and say this ^^
then, it will all be done.

and then, I can claim the title, RN.


and, that, my friends...
will be a very HAPPY DAY!!

And in June, I'll start working as a RN!
I've accepted a full time RN {nights} position as an orthopedics {bones/joints} nurse at Palmetto Health Richland Hospital!!!

COME ON EMAIL SO I CAN SCHEDULE THIS TEST ALREADY!

18 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like a challenge! I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Studying is by far the worst part (at least in my opinion). But the more practice questions you do, the better you get at interpreting the questions correctly and knowing what to look for in the answers. I got tons of Select All That Apply questions on my test, which sucked. And you definitely come out feeling like you probably just failed. But if you get a lot of SATA questions & the test shuts off at 75 questions, there's a good chance you passed!! I can't wait to hear about your testing experience! I know you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement Breanna!! I need it. I'm just gonna keep doing questions until I find out when I can test! and I'll pray that it shuts off at 75.

      Delete
  3. "You're gonna have a bad time." I totally read that in the voice. This is exciting! Awesome for you lady!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. yep! crazy nervous about it though...

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, girl...best of luck!! And these meme's, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!

      and congrats on y'all's anniversary ;)

      Delete
  5. How nerve racking. We take out licensing exam in September but from July until september we can work as LPN's. Give you a bit more time to study.

    Goood Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have fun working and wishing you the best of luck on your testing too, friend!

      Delete
  6. Don't hit the books too hard, the key is to get comfortable with the style of questions. I used a CD that came in my study book and did 75 questions a day to simulate an NCLEX. If you go to the Evolve website you can purchase access to a program that asks NCLEX style questions with rationales, it was the best $25 I had ever spent.

    But when it comes down to it, you have the knowledge trust yourself! And yes most people I know went and cried afterward regardless of how many questions they answered. I wrote the NCLEX twice (LPN and RN) and I cried after each one sure that I failed. You'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, friend!!
      Right now, I'm doing at least 75 questions a day from the NCLEX-RN 4000. I was using ncsbn - an online course that lasts 3 weeks but my computer is acting up so can't do that one now.

      I am WAY nervous about taking the test, but I have to go in there with the attitude that - I'M GOING TO PASS!!
      i have to.

      Delete
    2. oh yea, and I've been looking for you on here.. must be super busy!!

      Delete
    3. Very busy! I've been encouraged (bullied) into taking the Critical Care Certification, basically it's NCLEX all over again only it just focuses on the critical care aspect. My head feels like it's going to explode! Plus work...it makes for nearly zero down time!

      Delete
  7. I couldn't relate MORE to this post! I just graduated on the 14th from the Practical Nursing program and am waiting for that stinkin' email telling me that I can schedule the LPN NCLEX! Good luck to you! It sounds like you've been studying a lot more than me! And congrats on your job! I'll be working in OB/GYN! :)

    Sam
    http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATS on finishing your program!!! Nursing school is no joke, huh. SO, I got my email and will be testing next week. We had this online course offered through ncsbn that I've been told REALLY helps with NCLEX. A few LPN to RN transitioners in my class told me they used it for their PN NCLEX and even saw some of the same questions. Sadly, mine ran out a few days ago. I'm nervous about that whole huge test.
      Yay for your new job in OB/GYN!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thank you sweet friend!! I find out this afternoon if I passed. Talk about being a nervous wreck!! just trying to keep my mind off of it for the moment... gonna go to the zoo in a bit to just get out!! I really hope you're feeling better and settling into pregnancy nicely. There really is nothing like it in this world.

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...