Sunday, November 4, 2012

real stuff.


*** disclaimer: this might be a little depressing***

it's hard to say if it's hormones.. exhaustion.. my "fat" jeans fitting snugly.. the time change..
i could blame it on a lot of things.
that's what we do, right??

whatever it is, something's gotta change.
and i have to change to fix it.
and i really want to.
i can't just ignore it anymore.
besides the fact that my only option is to buy "up" a size, the scales don't lie.
i'm not gonna diet.
i have to be more active.

i have worked out two days in a row.
woo hoo!
i know it's not much, but y'all, this is the most consecutive it's been in a long while.
two. days. in. a. row.
gotta start somewhere.

and i think that somewhere in there, in being more active, i'll find that it will lift my mood.
what - with all those new endorphins and such coursing through my veins.
well, maybe not coursing, but a few extra endorphins won't hurt a thing.

and i haven't been to church in a few sunday's.
mainly because hailee's had a cold that she just can't shake, so i've stayed home with her.
BUT, just friday, i was asked to co-lead worship for the friday night U-Turn for Christ service.
and it was my favorite type of worship music: just me, another person, and our 2 guitars.
acoustic worship is my absolute favorite.
man, have i missed it.
again, something has to change.
I - have to put forth the effort i know it takes to get back in that one-on-one relationship with God, that just isn't what it used to be.
i need this.
if anything, in doing that, it will lift my mood.
because that's where i need to be.

school is school
and i have until may. MAY!!
oh, may... hurry up!

SO... instead of studying, i decided to write.
and this is what i came up with:



as you can see by the double chins i'm sporting, i'm not making this stuff up.
hence, the change.

but i'm going to go study now.
gotta take advantage of this childless night.


Photobucket

this was a sunrise on my way to school one morning.
totally unfiltered.
and beautiful.






2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we all get into those "blah" periods in our relationship with God. There seems to be a misconception that all believers should be 100% perky and cheerful all the time. But we're all going to have lows.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog. Most of the blogs I like have already received it, so if you've done it before and don't want to do it again, I understand. http://ourcarolinadays.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! and i'm the only one i can blame for that one...
      this season of my life is so consumed with school, i had to be nudged to step it back a little, and re-evaluate my reasons for even going into nursing in the first place :)
      thanks!!

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...