Monday, November 19, 2012

just when you thought things would slow down...

it's that time again.

from now, until about December 13//14ish, i will be on a train barreling toward the end of the semester.
[one more to go!!!!!!!!]

it's crunch time.
{i'm actually taking time away from studying for my Psych test tomorrow to write this}
panic mode is about to commence.
i will be engrossed in books, study guides, and practice questions.

patho paper // tests // exams // well-elder teaching 
end of lectures // clinicals // ATI testing 

did i leave anything out??

it never fails: 
the end of the semester is a total cram fest.
can i get an AMEN?

Photobucket

as if you haven't noticed my lack of updates...
school work is completely filling my time.
ain't nobody got time for that!!!



for real, if you haven't yet, watch this ^^^^
genius.
it gets stuck in my head, constantly.
i laugh every time.

*****

i can already feel the pressure settling in the back of my head.
it just seems like there's so much to do. {because there is}
by the end of this semester - Lord, let it hurry up!! - we will ALL need the 3 week Christmas break.
BIG time.

in lieu of the crazy full weeks ahead, i will now bombard you with tons of pictures from weeks passed :)

most of them are from our mini-vacay this weekend.

why, YES!! i did say mini-vacay!!!

see, what had happened was...
roger's parents asked us to stay at their place on lake murray this weekend.
and that's just what we did.
JUST US 3.
can you believe that is the very first time we've had any sort of vacation as a family??
just us 3??

it was great.
we had tons of FREE fun.
cost us nothing.
{which is one of the main reasons we were able to go}
i tried to study some, really - i did.
the only time i got was during hailee's nap on saturday.

it was a little chilly, but so very sunny.

Photobucket


hailee and roger attempted fishing.
it was really windy, then hailee got bored and wanted to go play on the swing set.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

***

and you know she cannot stay away from stairs of any kind what-so-ever
so we went "splorrin" [exploring]

Photobucket


***

Photobucket

Photobucket

a few mommy//daughter pics

Photobucket


and a covered wagon ride

Photobucket

a silhouette

Photobucket

and then, it got dark.

Photobucket


Hey, Mr. Snowman!!
Photobucket

she had to explore it all.

Photobucket

marshmallows

Photobucket

the fire pit

Photobucket

Photobucket

except, she did NOT like being sticky.
not at all.
and she would not eat the black part of the marshmallow.

Photobucket

hailee had such a great time playing with all of grammie and poopa's toys.

Photobucket

and getting our full attention for a full weekend = the best ever!!

Photobucket

*****

and since it's been a while...
here are some more random pictures from the last couple weeks

Photobucket

*****

and here are some of my sweet baby sitting still.
this doesn't happen very often at all.

Photobucket

and of course, school pictures.
they say she posed so much and loved it.

Photobucket
Photobucket



and i'll leave you with this...

Photobucket

one of my favorites from the last few weeks :)

p.s.
i had my first clinical experience of 2 days with 3 patients each day
AND I SURVIVED!! {and so did all of my patients ;)}
it went by really fast and i felt like i was running around like a mad woman.
and halfway thru friday, i noticed my thigh was starting to hurt.
all i could think of was.. "Lord, please don't let it be a blood clot!!"
- Typical to think something is wrong b/c of all the stuff you learn in nursing school -
got home and saw a huge, nasty, black bruise.
and i cannot remember what i hit it on.
at least it isn't a blood clot, huh!!


ok, i've been on here for way too long!!
have a great day - week - month
i'll be back when i get a minute :)
to all my classmates out there - hoping for mid december!!
happy studying yall!!


and i seriously cannot get this song out of my head.
LOVE it.
all sons and daughters // your love is all around


10 comments:

  1. Great pictures...the last one looks like it could be in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks robin!! my dad wants it in a poster - i think i may have his Christmas present LOL!!

      Delete
  2. I will say it 100 times you are my hero. To do what you do and have all the in between seriously someone to look up too. You should be proud. And vacay to me is better than nothing that's for sure. Hugs! Just a little more to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. I think you are the best Tater Queen ever!! I'm dreading this last few weeks of school. Have I mentioned yet just how much I adore your little space over in blog land? Because I do. And I've never tried fried pickles but I like pickles & frying things is good. I like fried squash. Thank you Dusty for your sweet words of encouragement. It means a lot :)

      Delete
  3. Can you get an amen? Yes, yes you can...AMEN!!!

    I just finished my to-do list for the rest of the semester projects, papers, and exams/finals. Uggh, at least the list isn't as long as it used to be. I'm glad to have Thanksgiving break to get caught up a little before I start another week of stress.

    I think your family is adorable and I'm glad you enjoyed your mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh,i'm TOTALLY gonna {try to} use this break to play catch up on work!!
      here's to hoping you get through all your to-do stuff with ease :)
      i NEED winter break - soon, just not all the stuff that comes before it...

      Delete
  4. Yay for school being almost over! Your mini-vaca looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, YAY is a great word for it!!!
      the mini-vaca was the most needed thing ever.
      i'm currently finding it hard to focus on getting things done over this thanksgiving break.
      Hope you, Aaron, little pups and baby girl have a great thanksgiving :)
      we'll be thinking about y'all!!

      Delete
  5. Girl I hear you about the end of semester!! I don't know why it happens like that. I swear every semester I say I'm going to NOT let things pile up until then end, but then you know....Your clinical with 3 patients sounds delicious!! I can't WAIT for busier clinicals (yes I realize I may have just jinxed myself), one patient in a LTC setting is NOT what I'd call exciting ;). I can't believe the end of this semester is almost here! Good luck on all your finals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is NEVER a dull moment when you have a clinical with 3 patients!! good luck getting all your stuff finished and this semester over with too :) i've almost finished one paper.

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...