Tuesday, October 23, 2012

thinking about what i was thinking

WOW.
in class, this morning, it was like a battle for me to concentrate.
there might be a touch of ADHD somewhere in this morning.
for some reason, when trying to pay attention, the will to be distracted was just too much.

too much.

so much so, that i started writing things down.
like...

  • a down feather from someone's clothes just floated through the air next to me...
  • someone's tablet just made noises (totally happened twice ;)
  • the instructor is literally reading us the power points - i can't learn like this
  • someone is sleeping
  • a group of people are carrying on a conversation while the instructor is talking
  • i've messed with my hair so much because it's actually down today but now it's up because it was getting on my nerves
  • "ARE THERE ANY QUESTINS"
  • laptops are on everywhere - each one is on a different page
  • the pen i'm using was a freebie from our student nurse conference in september. it has one of those "get the little ball thru the maze" things on it and it is making a lot of noise when i write. it's still a great writing pen, so i will keep writing with it
  • i'm yawning. a lot. it's making my eyes water and nose run
  • just literally heard someone say the statement "people that don't have not respond to treatment" -shook my head
  • i see tons of caffeine drinks
  • the word... "Um" x65468
  • yawn
  • "ANY QUESTINS?"
  • facebook stalkers... YEAH, you know who you are!! {me too hehe}

so, on the subject of concentration, while NOT concentrating,
i was thinking about all the things i think about when i'm not paying attention.
you will be happy to know that i am going to share...
all i was thinking about:
  • i'm supposed to be listening and taking notes.
  • but she's just reading the dang power points.
  • thank goodness most of her test questions come right off the power points.
  • ugh! i just realized i forgot to put my earrings on!
  • i'm so glad i found my eye shadow that has been missing for 2 weeks - in my purse
  • i don't ever use my purse anymore.
  • purse? pocket book? bag? which one sounds better?
  • all the stuff i need to study when i get home since mom and dad will have Hailee tonight.
  • this pen is making a lot of noise.
  • i shouldn't have eaten that bag of mini muffins this morning - thanks miriam!!
  • i wonder if my voter's registration will work with my old last name -* IF my old last name is now my middle name and is full on my driver's license??
  • what time is it??
  • what if something like the show Jericho really happened where another country drops bombs on all the major cities, leaving the U.S. completely in the dark - without electricity - and running out of gasoline - that would be horrible! would we cook canned things over fires? i'm not an avid camper and i would definitely have issues with that part.
  • will we get to watch Jericho on netflix tonight?
  • i'm so glad i've already been through my psych rotation. 
  • this lecture is familiar {schizophrenia // the seriously mentally ill}
  • i wonder if my clinical instructor will give me 3 patients to take care of this week. will i be able to handle 3 pts? 
  • how many pictures can you really take - of. yourself. really??
  • i don't want my child to be traumatized next week when i have to take her to the dentist for her 1st cavity to be filled.
  • did i feed the fish this morning?
  • i have not started any sort of study guide for these tests next week...
  • i think there's something in my eye messing with my contact - either that, or it's time to change them.
  • when was the last time i changed my contacts?
  • bacon would be GREAT right now.
  • there are bacon bits for my salad in my car for lunch today :)
  • bacon.
  • trying to remember where i put my wedding ring. i know i put it somewhere safe, and i did a really good job because now i can't even find it.
  • there are people wearing flip flops when it was pretty cold this morning. will they wear them thru the winter too?
  • my socks are lime green and do not match anything i'm wearing today.
  • i have to do laundry.
  • we're on the last page of power points!!
  • what time is it??
  • coffee would be great right now.
  • "ARE THERE ANY QUESTINS?"

that was just from like 8:30 - 10:30ish.
that was psych class - NUR 214.

what did you learn today??




8 comments:

  1. I hated it when instructors just read the PowerPoints...why did we drive to the campus when we could just read them ourselves at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. If I wanted to teach myself, I'd take an online class!!

      Delete
    2. And, to top it off, when YOU have to give a PowerPoint presentation, you get points taken off for just reading the slides. That's how it's always been in my classes, at least.

      Delete
  2. Can I just say wth is UP with the whole reading of the pp's??????? This semester has been THE WORST for that!! I agree with with you & Robin. If you're going to make this all pp's & then just read them, then do this class online!! Furthermore, I am NOT wasting an hour & a half driving back & forth to class, not to mention the gas $ to listen to you read the pp's that I can read myself. Seriously, whatever happened to actually TEACHING something?????????? Anyhoo, cute post, very funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. boring... AND i have a teacher that makes us open our books and reads it to us. my 1st semester, all the chapters she taught were almost completely highlighted. that's not teaching either..

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...