Wednesday, May 9, 2012

and... on being able to relax...

The c/o 2012 seniors graduated this week.
as previously stated, I was a Marshal (among 7 others) in their pinning ceremony.
We attacked everyone coming in the church doors with programs.
It was funny.

Photobucket

Photobucket

from the back of the line, waiting to walk in the church...



5af47a50, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

1/2 the marshall gals

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

****

here is my clinical group I've talked about so much
I don't know what I'm going to do next semester without them.
They have made clinical on 3 West [the wild wild west] very enjoyable
...if you could even say that...
i may even want to do Med-Surg when I graduate because of my awesome group :)

Photobucket


So...
now that I can breathe easy without having to worry about taking a test,
or reviewing notes from class,
or wondering who is going to wash the sink-full-of dishes,
and who is going to fold the mountain of clothes on the bed,
or arguing over who is taking Hailee to my parent's at 6:00AM the next morning...
a week of no school is most definitely appreciated!

However,
what was NOT appreciated was the sore throat that started 2 days ago,
the stuffy nose that followed that yesterday,
the congested chest/sinuses that I'm battling with today,
and the medicine - head I'm living with from taking Sudafed and alka seltzer cold/flu (nastiest things ever).

BUT,
I have to give it to my sweet baby girl ~
who is letting her exhausted mama sleep until atleast 8 AM every morning.
And that's sleeping LATE 'round here :)

and wouldn't ya know - good ole' PINTEREST welcomed me back with wide open arms :)
here is what I've learned from pinterest recently
(or, in other words, here is what I've been drooling over...)

a picnic - my style :)
  
Photobucket

****

and oh, if I could do this for my Hailee...
  
Photobucket


****
and a few other little things that cought my eye...
  
Photobucket
my favorite on the above is... "hugs keep us alive"
cute little organs hugging each other LOL
****

Photobucket

****

Photobucket

that kid with the bird on her head - i'm pretty sure that would be my same reaction
****
  
Photobucket

and wouldn't this be so amazingly romantic
~beach picnic~
 Photobucket
or, even this...
(minus any bugs/stinging insects)


Photobucket

yeah, glad pinterest isn't going anywhere for a while...

I will be back emerged in a pool full of books and notes and recorded lectures, and study guides starting Monday.
but i always find my way back :)
whoever thought up pinterest is a very smart person!!

****

I have taken this week away from school to soak up my daughter like a sponge!
Oh, how I've missed her sweet voice,
her quirky imagination,
her artistic renditions of "people" (they all look the same),
her requests for:
shake milk [milk shakes]
jealous [jello]
groceries [anything in the fridge]
and junk [as opposed to eating a real meal]

Since I've been home, Mimi and Papa have been taking a vacation from their full days o' Hailee.
See, my parents are both retired, but watch Hailee for me while I'm in school.
[super huge blessing for all of us!!]
they're even going to a bed and breakfast for the 1st time.
Roger and I went to a B and B for our honeymoon, and we LOVED IT!

My parents found a lot of stuff for Hailee at some yard sales recently.
Who doesn't love a good yard sale??

Hailee's 1st scooter

Photobucket

Mimi and papa trying to help her figure it out

Photobucket

and... she thinks she's got it...

Photobucket

in the garage, where there is NO HILL

Photobucket

there is a helmet too, but it still needs to be cleaned up a little.

Photobucket

mainly, Mimi ran next to her, pushing her on it. Hailee's claim: "I'm going mama!! I'm going!!!"

and
 they also found her some jellies at the garage sale that were the lady's daughters like 29 years ago. we never kept mine because I wore them so often, they all came apart :)
unfortunately, these were too narrow on Hailee's feet, so we're gonna see if Hailee's cousin, Sammi can wear them and look elsewhere for some Jellies of her own.
Anyone knows where they sell them??
IF they still do sell them??
they were pretty much my favorite shoes ever.

Photobucket

she said, "they hurt my feet just a little bit" and didn't want to take them off.

Photobucket

 ****
She was coloring me some stuff last night.
This girl is so serious when she colors.
She just might be a little artist.
Roger draws stuff [when he has time]
I sing, play guitar and write music ~ I've definitely seen her moving in that direction too.
not a problem at all.

Photobucket

and YOU KNOW, she had to wear her princess dress until nap time

Photobucket

waking up one morning with her windows WIDE OPEN!!!
i love natural light :)

Photobucket



****

I'm pretty excited to say that I'm going to be playing/singing for the U-Turn worship service this Friday night.
PLEASE PRAY that this "cold" thing goes away by then.
I used to play/sing every Friday night.
Not this past semester though.
I'm hoping this last semester really was the Hardest.Semester. Ever. and I'll be more available to help out with the worship part of stuff.
and, even JUST going to Bible studies in general.
I've Missed That Immensely!
and, I can tell when I'm "off"
I've played my guitar more this week than I have in the last 4 months.
That Is Sad.

THIS Summer is Pediatrics.
I have a kid.
Hopefully, that will help me some :)


I think I'm going to try the white chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce tonight for dinner.
TOTALLY a pinterest recipe...
I hope Hailee doesn't turn her nose up at it.
I'll let you know how it goes!
you think it will look like this in the end??
we'll see ;)

  Photobucket

it's raining.
and thundering.
i think i'll go enjoy my family for a few more days :)
looking forward to seeing all of the people in my class next week.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pinterest finds & Hailee's new scooter! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally figuring out that the only way I can reply to you is thru my phone. Hailee's scooter is more like a pusher :) my mom had to run next to her pushing the whole time. Oh & I have a package I need to get in the mail for you :) I'm so ready to just throw like 4 stamps on it & stick it in the mail. I've never really sent packages.

      Delete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...