Monday, March 12, 2012

a week with my girl.

March is definitely in full swing!
Windows have been opened to let in all the fresh air.
Time outside has been spent exploring. And Hailee brings me flowers each time we go outside. It takes me back to when I used to get my mom and grandmothers flowers every time I went outside. Happy spring memories!

I'm welcoming spring break. My husband was like "I wish I got a week off..."
SOOOOO NOT THE CASE HERE!!!!
yes, I will not be driving an hour down to Orangeburg every day this week, but there is much to be done.
My 4th nursing test on the Gastrointestinal system will be THE MONDAY we get back. And it's a big test. There are still 2 lectures I need to look over on our mediasite website that were recorded for us because we all missed a lecture.

Side Note:: All of us nursing students attended a funeral of one of our semi-retired nursing instructors, Mrs. "D", who had been with O-C Tech's nursing program for many many years as an instructor. She was an amazing woman and so much fun to be around. We were all in our Full Formal Nursing uniforms with caps and all to honor her at her funeral. We all took up about one half of the church.

I also need to finish my nursing process paper. I am so glad my clinical instructor gave us dates to turn our papers in to be checked a few sections at a time. I don't really have a whole lot to do on it - just tweaking some sections, adding some details, correcting a few citations, and maybe just one section to write. It's already 22 pages!!! But there are some clinical groups that weren't required to do what we did - and they haven't even started on their papers. [Did I mention the papers are due March 27?]  To them, I say, Good luck!! and hopefully it won't take the better part of their spring break working on that blasted paper. I'm just ready to be done with it. I still need to find 2 journal articles to reference in my paper - MAY NEED SOME HELP HERE FELLOW CLASS FRIENDS - it seems like it's been 10 years since our media center lecture on that certain website and I dont' remember a thing!! So, kindly email me if you're reading this and remember where to find it - or just to remind me where we can get our journal articles from. I know they can't be over 5 years old. Thanks! Mean it :)


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Ok, in my previous post, I filled yall in on my bout with the Norovirus - which I may or may not have published - but I finally did end up making it to school Friday for the EKG workshop. I was struggling through the 1st part of it because my strenght was not all there.
I thought I was good because Saturday was symptom free. But Sunday morning (yesterday) I was supposed to keep nursery at my church, and dang if that norovirus didn't try to make it's way back into my system!! I couldn't stay out of the bathroom, but Thank Goodness I wasn't throwing up. Not quite sure how I would've handled that!!

This has been my 1st cup of coffee since getting sick. And I was only able to have one cup.
My stomach is still super tender and I don't have much of an appetite at all.
But this is not what I had in mind when I said I wanted to lose some weight.

*******


impromptu game of hide and seek with daddy...
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
you found me!!!
*****

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

new life.
Hailee planted her Chinese forget-me-nots in the tiny pot and they are sprouting! Daddy already told her not to touch them - and that's ALL she wants to do...

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Shopping at the Family Christian Bookstore. She pretty much can't keep her hands off anything. Super curious nowadays :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Found a book to read while we were browsing.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

She let me do her hair in pig-tails one day last week and it lasted a few hours. She cannot stand for anyone to mess with her hair. She's obsessed with someone's hair being 'down'. When I talk to her on the phone, the 1st thing she asks me is "you got your hair down?" and it's the first thing she looks for when she sees me. Unfortunately for her, my hair is almost never down. I'm not a big fan of it being in my face, so I'm a pony tail kinda girl. She's not.

*******

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Photobucket
Enjoying some Sunday rest time with daddy.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

There's a balloon up there - she got it from "chick-a-lay". The next day, the balloon was on the floor. She was not happy.

*******
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
here's one of the flowers she picked for me :) [weed]

*******
Playing with TOYS!!

Goodness knows the girl has enough toys. I'm so ready to go through that toy box and just start pitching everything she doesn't play with. But that would be a full day event. I have not had time for anything like that since starting this semester.

I was just changing her sheets on her bed and had her pillows on the floor. I turned around to find she had lined up all her "lala loopsie" dolls, and a mommy and a dog from her loving family play set. They're all holding hands too :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Photobucket

2 loads of laundry done.
Living room picked up a little bit.
Gonna start on our bedroom floor and the kitchen - just can't figure out what I want to do 1st.
Waiting on it to warm up a little more then going to hang outside for a bit.

Yay for Daylight Savings time and longer, sunnier days ahead :)
To all my fellow classmates, hope you find time to enjoy your spring break. I'm gonna try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...