Thursday, March 8, 2012

norovirus.

Tuesday - I studied pretty much all day long for this micro test I (was supposed to have) Wednesday.
I went to bed after an otherwise normal day, around 11pm - ready to get up at 5:30 a.m. and conquer that test!!

my body had other plans...

at about 2 a.m. it started.
the stomach virus that has been absolutely VIRAL for a while now. I don't even know where I got it from. Over the last few weeks, I know of at least 5 people in my family that have had it, I've seen things on the news about it [the norovirus] and have heard rumors about nursing homes and hospital wings being on lock-down trying to contain it.

Y'all, this has been a sickness like no other.
In 24 hours, I lost 8 lbs.
Everything that was inside of me, all came out - violently.
I didn't sleep at all. I couldn't - I'd be up getting sick again, like 15 -- 20 minutes later.
I think around 6:30, there was nothing left in me to throw-up. But that nauseous feeling wouldn't go away for another 24 hours. So I lied in bed. Any sort of activity or smell would send me reeling!
On top of all this, my legs wanted to cramp up every time I moved them.
I was just praying I wouldn't get dehydrated to the point that I'd have to go to the hospital - no health insurance...

Photobucket
10 hours into the sickness.

i missed my micro test & a DCT test. I've never missed a test or a day of school in my college life.

My child hasn't been home in 3 days - I miss her like crazy, she's been hanging out at mimi & papa's.
I have NO appetite. Orange Gatorade is about all I can drink.
It took all the energy I had to take a shower, and wash/change my daughter's sheets on her bed.
It's 8:00 p.m. and I am Fo Real about to get in bed.


Gotta get up at 5:30 a.m. to go to an EKG workshop in Orangeburg in the morning. Lord I pray I make it through it...
THEN
It will be spring break. [couldn't this sickness have waited just a few more days to strike??]
But I'm not getting much of a break. I have to finish my nursing process paper and study for my test on the GI system [digestive].

Photobucket
my little snuggle bunny.

good night.

1 comment:

  1. Your Blog is very Nice. Thanks for sharing this type of blog.

    - hire taxi | cabs hire | taxi for hire

    ReplyDelete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...