Monday, September 19, 2011

fall: welcome back. i've missed you.

heading into week 6 of nursing school..

Last week was rough! We had 2 major tests on the same day [nutrition and nursing 101] as well as our bed-bath check off [which me and my bath buddy passed successfully :)]. It's a little intimidating when there's an instructor staring you down - to make sure you get in all of the things off the 6 pages of instructions - and keep all the bedrails up when they're supposed to be up - and wash, rinse, dry in the correct order. But we both did great!

I had papers, study guides, pens, and highlighters everywhere! Needless to say the house was a wreck. Who has time to clean up when there's tests to study for??  ;)
After both of the tests, we were given a chance to stay and go over them [awesome part about test days..] and I would have known what I made on both test, but there were a few questions on both tests that are still up for review among the instructors, so possibly a very high B or low A on both. Which I'm more than happy with!

And this fallish weather outside has been fabulous! Windows open all weekend! We played for a little while outside on Hailee's old plastic swing set that she's more than outgrown.. and she got to wear her jacket and long pants! She's very much into picking out her own clothes and shoes.


Oh, and my daughter gave me her cold. It came on strong yesterday and I sent Roger running for alka-seltzer cold and flu, and got some sudafed after that fizzy nastiness didn't do the trick. I can remember always getting sick around my birthday when I was younger too - and it's only 2 weeks away. Not sure the weather has anything to do with it, since the common cold is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory system - And I don't have allergies. I didn't sleep very well at all last night, with my nose constantly stopping up either. I'm pretty sure I was up every 2 hours or so. I do not have time for a cold to be bogging me down. Hoping it runs it's course quick-like and gets outta here! I've been taking my vitamins every night since school started and trying to eat good - good thing I was on a cooking kick this weekend and made some Zupa Toscana (Italian sausage/potatoe soup) - and Italian sausage and tomato pasta [guess I'm making sure my family gets their Vitamin B this week.. as Pork is a major source of the vitamin Thiamin [B1].. nutrition class..] - and french vanilla cupcakes!! Even made my own blue buttercream icing and put it all in a zip lock and experimented with putting it on the cupcakes. I even got to use the sprinkles my sister-in-law gave me in a Christmas basket of goodies last year :) Didn't have enough of the little cups for all of them, but no one really cares about that part anyway.

We took a trip to Toys R Us over the weekend and let Hailee pick out something. I hadn't been there in forever. Well, she picked out this little dog set for her Loving Family Dollhouse and has not stopped playing with it. The whole way home, she was talking about having to feed the dogs and give them baths as you will see it came with a bath, towel, food bag, and bowls.. She played in her room for a solid hour by herself and was well occupied!! The only thing I forsee being a problem is if she should lose those tiny pieces of fabric they call a towel and a dog bed. That could be bad.


She also rode on some of the rides at the front of the store. The fair should be a blast this year!


Hailee hit a whole nother stage of wild last night and with me not feeling well, it was all I could do to make it until her bedtime without screaming. She was absolutely jumping off the walls! She wasn't listening to a thing we said OR she was just doing the exact opposite of what we would say.

I went to Belle's and Beau's Consignment weekend and got Hailee tons of winter stuff since she's outgrown everything from last winter. The prices were a little bit higher this year, but they still had lots of cute stuff, now we have a closet of winter clothes and can pack all the summer stuff up for my niece, Samantha - who is almost exactly one year younger than Hailee.


This week with school should be a pretty easy one - I have a quiz on abbreviations Thurs, but that's too easy, almost not worth mentioning. Then I guess it's just getting ready for the week after that for another 2 tests. It's always something and the information is coming at us fast and furiously. I don't really have time for much else outside of school and family. Even playing with some of the worship teams at church won't be as much as it has been - But I do feel more of a balance than when school first started.

I should be watching my Nutrition lecture online at the moment, but my computer won't stop 'buffering' the feed long enough for my instructor to get 3 or 4 words out. It's driving me crazy! Guess I'll have to go turn the computer off now and restart to see if it does any better. I KNOW it's not our internet - we pay more than enough for our FAST SPEED connection. I don't know enough about computers - it is what it is. Ridiculous. Have a good week y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...