Thursday, July 14, 2011

favorite things.

So, in no particular order, here are some of the things that I'm quite fond of .. and why :)







1. My Ryrie Study Bible NASB. I love love love it! Since English wasn't the original language the Bible was written in, (Hebrew, and Greek), there are lots of English words that don't quite match to the Hebrew/Greek's words that were used. The study Bible tells you what the closest translation to the word would match up to in English. And it explains a lot of other background info (history) that was going on at the time the part of the Bible it's referring to was written.




2. I love hazelnut flavored coffee!! But of course, I can't drink it without cream and sometimes, sugar. And I can't drink it after 6pm or I'll be up for another 6 or so hours. I love the way it smells while it's brewing too.



 3. This gum is great! I also found out that chewing gum for an hour burns at least 11 calories..





3. My Lands End canvas tote. Got it for being in my brother's wedding last year and I use it for absolutely everything! It can hold everything I need and doubles as a diaper bag for the time being.



 


4. EOS lip balm (evolution.of.smooth) I saw this little orb in walmart while standing in the line to check out one day and grabbed it on a whim. Now, summer fruit (this one here) is my fave of all the flavors that I've tried. Hailee loves them too and I've already lost one to her playing with it and putting it somewhere she can't remember.


 

5. Maybelline eye studio color explosion. Wow! I could use this every day, and I'm not even a make-up kind of person. I have the bottom right one to go with my lovely brown eyes :)




 6. Favorite. candy. ever. I can never just eat a few. I have liked these ever since I was in day care and we would go to the dollar cinemas in the summer to see something and could pick one snack. I'd always get my jolly joes. Then, one day in dollar tree, I stumbled upon the humongous box - for $1!! Can't beat that. They have other mike-and-ike flavors too, but this is my fave!



7. Bath and Body Works Midnight Pomegranate. I have gotten so many complements on this scent because it's fabulous!!! I love anything and everything pomegranate. Fave Fave Fave.






8. I go to church at Calvary Chapel Lexington. Calvary Chapels everywhere were started by Chuck Smith in Costa Mesa, California, in 1965. It was known as the 'Jesus movement' where their belief is  "simply the Word, simply" and it is what it is, teaching God's Word, one verse at a time, and opening people's eyes to all that the Bible has to offer. God blesses his Word. Anyway, I listen to this live streaming while I'm at work every day. It's so uplifting - teaching by amazing pastors that's usually every 30 minutes or so, a different pastor teaching out of a different book of the Bible. I've learned so much and grown leaps and bounds spiritually since being involved in Calvary Chapel.



 9. Until price changes I guess, It's nice to have movies at your fingertips - and TV shows whenever you want to watch them. (Since we don't have regular TV) Our house was built in the 1940's (i think) and there isn't a cable hook up and never has been in the house. When we got Internet, they had to come out and run the line all the way down our dirt driveway to the end of the road. Yeah, we're sort of in the country, or the beginnings of it.





10. LOVE Pandora radio online. It's free and plays songs by people you choose and also by artists that are similar to who you want to listen to. Many great discoveries have been made by just having this on and playing it in the background. Most everything you can think of is on here :)





11. BlogilatesTV. Cassey Ho is a pilates instructor and designer, who makes pop-pilates videos on youtube for any body part you want to tone. SHE IS TOUGH STUFF!! All her workouts are great and addicting :) They vary in length and you can find other things on her channel too, like a great 10 calorie salad dressing, using apple cider vinegar and sugar free jam of any flavor, among other things. She is definitely worth trying out some of these workouts. AND... if you like her facebook page, she pretty much immediately answers any questions you have and replies to things you put out there for her. I LOVE CASSEY!!  http://www.blogilates.com/




12. Real Simple Magazine. So much info on organization and is what it says, Life Made Easier. I have been getting this for a few years and will continue to for many years to come. I had never even heard of the magazine until I saw someone I worked with reading one.




 13. Pentel R.S.V.P fine point pens. (black, because have to have it for nursing school.) I love these pens so much and I'm super particular about pens, just like my chap stick :) Roger found my stash of pens and now he's taking them for himself!! What can I say, they're great pens.





 14. The only headphones I'll use now are these Skullcandy ear buds. I have small ears and since these are like jelly, and pliable, they fit and stay in my ears. They don't even move when I'm working out, even if I'm running! They come with 3 or 4 different size 'buds' too that you can choose from to fit your ears perfectly.




15. OK, ever since having baked potato soup at fatz, or o'charlies, I've loved it. When I saw Campbell's did a baked potato soup, naturally, I had to try it out.. So, I like to also add MORE bacon bits and cheddar cheese to it, ya know, ramp up the calories, but its yummy! I don't get it that often because it is on the fattening side, but it's the best! Oh, and if you don't like onions, you may not like it. My brother isn't an onion eater, so he wasn't that crazy about it.




16. I love my sleep (siesta) mask. I'm not even sure what brand it is, but it's satiny on one side and fluffy on the other. Since I need complete darkness when I'm sleeping, this helps when Roger has to fall asleep with the TV on, or when I need a nap in the middle of the day.




17. Eclipse blackout panels. These are a must when you need a room to be dark at nap time for a baby that thinks she's supposed to be awake all day long and only sleep when it's dark outside. They also help when the sun comes up at 6AM and I need her to sleep longer so I can sleep in a little after working until 1 or 2AM.

1 comment:

  1. Funny b/c lots of the things on your list are my favs too! :) LOVE RSVP pens! Jolly Joes are the BEST! I am listening to Pandora right now. I will have to try the lip gloss stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...