Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My child is supposed to be napping right now. The 1st time I heard her up, around 1:25pm, she was sitting at her desk, coloring.



Then, I stuck my head in the door because it got really quiet 5 minutes later- which usually isn't a good sign- but she had put herself in bed along with every stuffed animal in her room :) she saw me and sat up.. DOH!! now, its 1:40 and she just stopped singing. I really hope she goes to sleep soon! Naptime is a stressful time when I'm trying to get her to go down at a specific time so she will get up when I need her to. But that never works out the way I want it to. Its pretty much- open her door and make noise to wake her up so I can change her diaper, get her in her carseat, and take her to whomever watches her until Roger gets off work 1 or 2 hours later. [now, I hear random bursts of words really loud coming from her room..1:45pm]

So I didn't get off work last night until 1:00 am. Finally fell asleep at about 2:30am and Hailee decided to wake up at 7:00 this morning. I miss the days when she would wake up that early and all I had to do was lay her in bed next to me and nurse her back to sleep.. Sometime's we'd do that until 10am. But those days went out right before she turned 1 year.

Taking Hailee to the grocery store is always an adventure. She cannot stand to be confined to a grocery cart. Unless- its one of those huge buggies that has the front seat of a car with steering wheels for her to sit in. And those are not easy to drive around. I constantly run into things. They're just so awkward!!

Even after 2 cups of coffee, I'm still exhausted. It will be another late night though, since it is the 1st of the month. I'm charging my mp3 player as I type so it won't die on me tonight like it did last night.
So, I'm listening to a new group now [thanks brandi and kelly] called The Civil Wars. They are so great! I asked Roger to get the cd for me while I was working one night and when I came home, even he was telling me how much he liked them. Now he wants to show them to all his friends :)


Beautiful music!!!!

Now I get to go clean up & put laundry in the dryer & load the dishwasher & everything else in the world before I have to go to work.

2 comments:

  1. i believe those few monts before they are 2 and maybe 3-4 months after Alex was 2 year old were the hardest for me.Hang in there Misty i know is a little hard right now but it gonna get better :)Kisses to that little princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you! I didn't get out of the hospital until 1215, home at 1:00 and then to bed at like 1:40. Jack got up at 6:30 and I was BEAT today! I really hate my job.

    ReplyDelete

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...