Friday, March 25, 2011

c'est la vie

So, yeah.
Today was a rough one indeed!

We began our day with an early morning wake-up of 6:50 a.m.
I understand this might not be considered 'early' to some people, but when you work 2nd shift and don't usually even get home until midnight [or later], its early.
Still dark outside and Hailee's up and at em! I'm thinking, "why does she think its a good time to get up when the sun isn't even up?"
So our day can now officially begin.
I can't even remember what I made her for breakfast, maybe pancakes? I'm pretty sure she ate them too.
I go in the kitchen and survey the mess from the day before:
  • dishes in the sink
  • dishes on the counter by the sink
  • dishes needing to be unloaded from the dishwasher
Where to start?

 
I turn around and begin scouring the house for loose scraps of dirty clothes that didn't make it to the laundry basket.
There's a sock here, a shirt there, and towels still thrown about from the night before.. so I start a load of laundry.
I look over at the bed and notice the load that is dried and needs to be put away - at least I acknowledged it needed to be done.

 
Back in the kitchen to unload and reload the dishwasher. Then wash the few annoying things that are undishwasherable (my own word).
Hailee then comes into the kitchen wanting to be held and needing attention, so we go into the living room and watch some of Finding Nemo. We were at the part where they're in the EAC [I think that's the current??] and the sea turtles. Hailee sees the little sea turtle and remembers that she has a stuffed one of him [squirt] which she has named 'Dude' and runs to her room to get him. While there, she gets distracted and orders me to 'COME!!!'
We play in her doll house then I sneak away to finish the dishes and switch the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer.

 
Not even 5 minutes later, I hear, "Where's mommy? There she is! I found her!"

 
I ask her if she wants to help me make a cake, because -call me crazy- I'm making more cake balls. As if I didn't learn my lesson the 1st time. I got so frustrated with those tiny balls of cake and melted almond bark!
So she tries to drag a chair from the kitchen table over to the cabinet to help.
I set the measuring cup of water in front of her while I went to get the other ingredients. She tries to drink it. FAIL.
I get everything in the bowl and go to grab the blender. She takes a huge spoon and tries to stir the batter.
This is not good either.
When I bring out the blender, its all I can do to keep her standing next to me in the chair. She wants to get down and run to another part of the house. Those noises have always been a little bit much for her.
She stays and I let her have a beater when I'm done.
Another mess, but a fun one!
My dad calls and we talk for a minute, then he wants to talk to Hailee. She takes the phone and starts walking around the house and talking to him. They 'talk' for a good 5 minutes. She still nods 'yes' when someone on the phone asks her something. Its funny! She doesn't want to give me back the phone but I manage to get it away from her..
By now, it's 11:30 and I start to make a home made (boxed Chef-boy-ardee) pizza. Again, she gets upset that I'm not in her room playing with her.
She picks at her lunch and I put the clothes from the dryer on the bed [adding them to the load already there to be put away].
I change into my work-out clothes and wait for her to finish lunch.
Put her down for her nap around 12:15 pm, but she has other plans...
How this child had all that energy for waking up so early, I'll never know!
She talked, she played, she sang, she was beating her little people on the wall, and I'm sitting in the living room waiting for her to fall asleep so I can start bouncing around to my work-out DVD. FUN!
At about 1:00, she starts knocking on her door - from the inside - yelling, "mommy, open the door!"
Clearly frustrated, I go in there and explain to her that it's nap time and she needs to listen to mommy and go to sleep in a VERY stern voice.
I hurt her feelings.
Immediately, the lip goes out and the tears start.
I want to kick myself for making my child cry.
I hate that its so hard to discipline her.
I hug her and cuddle her and tell her in a quieter, more soothing way that she needs to go to sleep.
She falls asleep in my arms not even 2 minutes later :)
Look at my guitar in it's case and think about how I need to practice and change the strings on it.
Work out.
Shower.
Start on the bible study homework for next Wednesday morning.
Start getting ready for work.
Hailee wakes up at 3:15 pm.
Ignore the pile of clothes on the bed that need to be put away.
Go play outside with Hailee - staying away from the humongus bees that hover around our bushes lining the house.
Roger calls and tells me he won't be home in time and I'll have to take Hailee to Kelli's until he gets off work.
4pm, Take Hailee to Kelli's and this time, Hailee cries as I'm leaving her there. They sure know how to get to your heart!!

 
work. work. work. work.

 
10:40p.m. GET OFF WORK EARLY EVENING!!
Always Good!

 
Walk outside the building, headed to my car.
10 steps out the door, and   everything.   goes.   black.
a transformer exploded and outed a whole city block.
this was the darkest dark I've ever been in outside.
It was scary.
I couldn't see the parking lot in front of me. I couldn't see the building behind me. I couldn't see my own hand in front of my face.

 
SUFFOCATINGLY DARK!

 
People in the lot started pushing the buttons on their key chains to make their lights flash and we found our ways to our cars as the emergency lights in the building flickered on.
Still dark in the parking lot.
It was a long day.
But not a bad day.
A FULL day.
I'm all good and ready to go crawl in bed next to my sleeping husband.

 
and to all.... a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...