Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Last week, i drove down to Orangeburg, SC to attend the Health Information Session, where I picked up my packet to apply to their nursing program. it starts Fall 2011. Sounds super promising - don't think I'm going to have any problems getting into it.
I was requesting my high school and college (Midlands Tech) transcripts when I hit my first roadblock.. Got an email saying there was a hold on my Midlands Tech transcript due to a Citizenship Verification. what??!! I've been enrolled there since 2006 and now this happens? So there was a number to call on the email for disputes: 803-738-7835. Guess who this phone number belongs to? No one. Eventually, it puts you into the main menu of the midlands tech information phone line. Right now, it's nearly impossible to get a live person on the phone because it's also advisement time. I'm probably just going to go down there when I have time. I can't stand Midlands Tech. I never want to go there again. For their nursing program, the waiting list is UNREAL! O-C Tech doesn't have a waiting list - it's just a competitive program. You have to earn a spot in their program. I'm all for that!! I have to go back next month and take a placement test called TEAS. Then, once I get my transcripts in, I can turn in my packet and finish applying to nursing school.
So, I have to talk about my gorgeous, sweet girl, Hailee!! She keeps me smiling and laughing. A few Sundays back, I went with my mom and dad to my dad's church he grew up in, White House UMC, in Orangeburg, SC. They didn't have a nursery to keep Hailee in because it's mostly older adults, not too many kiddos. So Hailee sat on the pew between me and my mom. When we were singing hymns, she was singing right along with us. I almost couldn't sing I was laughing so hard. Her little face was so serious too! :) She also talked most of the service and I was so embarrassed, but everyone afterward said she did so good. idk?

So a few random things -
I got some hummus because I wanted to try it and it's made of chick peas and supposed to be pretty good for you - I cannot make myself eat another bite of it. its kinda gross. That's just what I think. I tried it with bread and with pita chips. ugh, I'll take spinach dip any day of the week!
I've been walking with Hailee in her stroller on the mornings when it's not a thousand degrees outside because of the humidity, and she's doing lots better with the walking. She used to scream after I only got a few blocks away, but I've learned to keep the little tray in front of her stocked with gold fish or puffs. I tried suckers first, Dum Dums, but they were way too messy. She wanted to hold the sticky part in her fingers.
Hailee's Favorite song is OMG by Usher and Will-i-am. I got a video of her dancing to it, but its a little dark. I'll still try to post it. she is so funny, she cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say it with a smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...